Group Financial Accountant
Two Three Bird is a fast growing Global Insurtech Business that provides innovative insurance solutions to our partners in five countries (USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa). With the growth the business is experiencing in both existing and new markets we also need to expand our finance team. We are looking for an analytical Chartered Accountant, CA (SA), who can assist the Chief Financial Officer with the overall accounting and reporting function for several group legal entities and to support the business on its growth projections with financial insights, but with specific focus on our growing presence in the USA.
Chief Financial Officer
Working Hours (Mon-Fri):
Working hours can be flexible:
- 8am to 5pm; or
- 9am to 6pm.
Primary areas of responsibility will be to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the day to day finance function, the management accounts, forecasting and overall internal and external financial reporting. Providing support on tax compliance as well as regulatory quality control and compliance will be key.
- Ensuring all recorded entries, specifically the monthly financial results provided by our underwriting partners, are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards and principles
- Continuous implementation of financial systems and best practices
- Assisting the Chief Financial officer with annual budgeting, preparation and audit of financial statements and overall tax structuring & compliance
- Assisting and managing the relationship with outsourced in-country accounting firms used across the group
- Preparing the monthly and annual group consolidation
- Ensuring compliance and keeping up to date with all financial & insurance regulatory requirements
- Providing support to the Chief Financial Officer on regulatory and tax reporting and all other submissions or returns
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summarising, and interpreting data
- Monthly reporting to white-label and other distribution partners
- Monthly reporting on insurance KPI’s including loss ratios, acquisition costs, retention rate and customer sales
- Monthly management reporting and to assist with preparing slides/overviews to the Board and Shareholders
- Insight to provide detailed explanation on all reconciled items, specifically as it relates to reconciliations between our insurance policy administration system, banking and our accounting systems for premiums and claims
Experience & Skills
A newly qualified Chartered Accountant or up to three years post article experience. Exposure to the insurance/financial services industry and overseas experience is required. Specific exposure to life insurance, short-term insurance, or investment lines will be preferred. Having a commercial and entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for innovation and technology is key.
Work with us
Our team is an ever-evolving bicycle, made up of unique and exceptional custom parts. Every team member plays a vital role in getting us through each stage of the race and constantly moving forward. Our days are filled with good coffee, hard work, lots of cycle talk and above all staying active mentally, physically and socially.