Senior Software Developer
This position is not just about the technical side but also about developing your leadership skills and capabilities. We’re looking for someone who wants to take a step up to lead and set priorities for a team. You’ll be working directly with the regional head and help set the technical direction for an entire region.
If you’ve always felt like you wanted to do more than just follow orders, this might be the job for you. We’re at an amazing point in the company where we’re growing extremely quickly and there are more opportunities than we can handle. It’s a great (and sometimes scary) place to be. If you want normal, boring, same old, this might not be for you.
PHP, Laravel, AWS (ECS, RDS, S3), GitHub & GitHub Actions
Livewire, Lumen, unit & integration testing
Nice to haves:
Tailwind/Bootstrap, HubSpot, WordPress, Dusk
Lambdas, SQS, Aurora, CMS frameworks, CI/CD, MySQL
- At least five years relevant experience
- Relevant qualification / proven track record
Chief Technical Officer & Product Owner(s)
Working Hours (Mon-Fri):
Working hours can be flexible:
- 7am to 4pm;
- 8am to 5pm; or
- 9am to 6pm.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Monthly Salary will be market related.
- We have a hybrid model - 2 days a week in the office, the rest is up to you.
- Group disability insurance cover.
- You don’t have to ride a bike to work with us, but it helps. If you're in the office you can join our lunchtime rides or organised rides on the weekends.
- Other benefits: Study leave, Gin Fridays, company sponsored events, deep discounts on salvage bicycles, birthday leave.
Who we are and what we’re like:
We’re one of the largest bicycle insurers worldwide and operate mainly in Australia, the US and the UK. We have offices in all of the aforementioned countries, but our main offices are in Stellenbosch and Woodstock:
- We trust people to do what they do best, no micromanagement
- Agile but not prescriptive, do what works and what makes sense
- Positive and passionate about what we do
Work with us
Our team is an ever-evolving bicycle, made up of unique and exceptional custom parts. Every team member plays a vital role in getting us through each stage of the race and constantly moving forward. Our days are filled with good coffee, hard work, lots of cycle talk and above all staying active mentally, physically and socially.